Book Worm

I just had to share these two sweet pictures with you.  Being a teacher, I love it when kids love to read.  But when my own two year chooses to 'read' an actual book instead of playing with an interactive book on the tablet, I'm over the moon!  For the last two weeks or so, when I take a shower in the morning, Eliel runs to his room, grabs a few books and sits in the bathroom and 'reads'.  I came out of the shower this morning to find this:



I can't tell you how amazing it is to see him doing this.  I spent years at school trying to turn my kids on to reading and apparently, I have succeeded with my own kid! :)  It makes me so happy!  He likes to choose the books that he knows how to read (aka memorized) and I can hear him talking as I shower.  Then, when I get out, he likes me to read the parts he has forgotten.  Today I was treated to 'Pajama Time' and 'Moo Baa LaLaLa' by Sandra Boynton, one of our favorite authors.  (We learned to read this book at a very early age!) This is honestly one of my favorite parts of the day!


Comments